Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the terrorist event that has occurred in Sri Lanka.
If you are in Sri Lanka and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 8004 6090 or at email@example.com
DFAT are advising travellers to avoid all affected areas and follow local instructions. Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at https://smartraveller.gov.au/Countries/asia/south/Pages/sri_lanka.aspx
Media are advising that many people have been killed and injured in the Easter Bombing terrorist attack.
The below information was issued on Tuesday 23 April 2019 and applies to your Holiday Rescue Travel Insurance, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes an act of Terrorism under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event known in the mass media as at 1:15pm AEST 21 April 2019.
How does this affect me?
For policies issued prior to 1:15pm AEST 21 April 2019
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the level of cover purchased, the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Emergency Medical (Comprehensive and Essentials only)
• Section 2: Emergency Dental (Comprehensive and Essentials only)
• Section 3: Funeral costs
• Section 10: Personal items & cash (Comprehensive and Essentials only)
There is no cover for claims that arise due to an act of Terrorism under:
• Section 4: Holiday cancellation & changes.
• Section 5: Delayed to a special event.
For policies issued after 1:15pm AEST 21 April 2019
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us at holidayrescue.com.au/claims
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
• If you are making a claim make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Holiday Rescue Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://holidayrescue.com.au
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.